Battlefront 2 Mouse Not Working:- There could be many reasons for the mouse not working in Battlefield 2 and one of the popular ones is the overlay factor. It can also be caused by a corrupt cache or corrupted game file. Also, disable of the Origin services could be another reason for the mouse misfunctioning.
Sometimes your cursor will not appear during the game and the user will not be able to select any of the menus or characters. Whereas in other cases, only the spinning wheel of the cursor will appear.
So these all could be a huge problem when you want to play the game. So we are here with letting you know different quick solutions and also different methods with detailed steps on how to fix the Battlefront 2 Mouse not working. So without any more delay let us get started.
How to Fix Battlefront 2 Mouse not Working Easily
So before we get into the actual procedure let us have a look at the quick remedies available.
- Check if the mouse in the game is working fine in borderless mode.
- Disconnect all the devices/printers/scanners/mobile phones etc, from your system and then try using the mouse.
- Connect your Mouse to a different USB port.
- Restart your system. This will remove all temporary stores configuration and reinitialize all parameters.
- Make sure no gaming controller/joystick/gamepad is connected.
- Make sure Battlefront 2 and Origin, both are launched with the administrator solutions.
So if any of the above-mentioned solutions do not work then go to the main methods available as under
Method 1: Disabling / Closing Conflicting Applications
Battlefront 2 simply does not work when there are overlay programs present. If you are using an overlay application then disabling the overlay may solve the problem. So let us have a look at the different overlays and the ways to solve them as well.
For Discord Overlay
- Close the game.
- Open your system, Launch the Discord.
- Then Open Discord’s Settings.
- After that click on ‘Overlay’.
- Now just toggle the switch off Enable in-game overlay to off.
- Now again launch the game and see if the problem is solved.
- If the problem still persists then close the game again.
- Now Right-click on the Taskbar and then select the Task Manager.
- Now all your need to do is look for the processes relating to Discord and kill all of them.
- At last launch the game and see if you got rid of the problem.
Also Read:- Red Dead Redemption 2: How to Save Your Game
Disable Origin Overlay
- Initially Close the game if it is open.
- Now Launch the Origin and in there open the Application settings.
- Then click on More and then open Origin-In-Game.
- Now toggle the switch to off at Enable Origin in Game.
- At last launch, the game again and check for yourself if the problem is resolved or not.
- There is an alternative here, where you can simply press the keys Shift+F1 while you are still in the game in order to bring out the Origin window and then disable it without coming out of the game.
Disable GeForce Experience Overlay
- Firstly close the game.
- Now launch the GeForce Experience.
- Then at the top right corner of the screen, you can find an option called Gear, select it.
- Now in there go to the General tab.
- In there you can disable the In-game overlay.
- Now simply launch the game and you can check if the problem is solved or not.
Method 2: Enable Origin Startup Services
Different Origin services are started when your system starts. They are the majority of the services that run in the background. If any of those services are disabled, then it can cause numerous issues like the mouse problem in Battlefield 2. In that case, enabling all the startup services related to the Origin client may solve the problem.
- First you must exit the game if it is already open and also Origin client.
- Now right-click on the Taskbar in order to open the Task Manager.
- Now navigate to the Startup tab.
- Now select the service related to the Origin client and give a right-click on it to enable.
- Again repeat the process for all such services related to the Origin client.
- Then restart your system to be on the safer side.
- Then launch the Battlefront 2 and the check for yourself if the problem still persists.
Method 3: Switch off Pointer Acceleration
If in case you are using the Steelseries products and acceleration is enabled in the printer settings, then that could be the reason for the mouse not working in your Battlefield game. So in order to disable the same, you have to follow the below-mentioned process
- Initially, you must exit the game and the Origin as well.
- Now press the Windows key and in their type Settings in order to open it.
- Now you must open the Devices.
- In there in the left pane of the window click on the option Mouse.
- Now you have to click on Additional Mouse options.
- Then in the Pointer Settings, you have to Switch off the Acceleration.
- Now at last launch the Battlefield 2 game and see if the problem has come to an end.
So this is all we have got about the Battlefront 2 Mouse not working. So if you carefully and patiently follow the steps given to you then the error will be gone in no time. If this post helped you to fix Battlefront 2 Mouse not working, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!